Monday, April 20, 2009

Research Opportunity

I was contacted by the woman below who is conducting a survey about miscarriage and attitudes about miscarriage. If you'd like to participate I've included the info below:

Everyone has a unique experience with miscarriage and many find help and support through groups like this one. Unfortunately, little is known about women's experiences of support and how this may affect responses to miscarriage, and so I invite you to participate in my dissertation research study examining women’s experiences following a miscarriage. Although there is no direct benefit to you, survey results may help healthcare providers better understand and meet the needs of women following miscarriage. This online survey takes approximately 15-20 minutes and is open to women who have miscarried a wanted pregnancy in the previous 6 months who are 18 years of age or older, living in the United States, and involved in a relationship with a significant other. Participants are eligible for a raffle for a $50 American Express gift certificate. For more information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

click here to take the survey

Lisa Rosenzweig
Teachers College
lsr2106@columbia.edu

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally gonna do the survey. I wish that health care professionals were more empathetic to miscarriages. Anything I can do to help make that happen I'll do it. In each of my miscarriages I've felt like the doctors and nurses just dismissed them with things like 'they happen all the time'. But to me, that was my baby. I lost my baby, but they fail to recognize the grief associated with that.

Emily said...

I'm always amazed and saddened to hear how people were treated by their doctors, friends and even family. Just because something "happens all the time" doesn't mean it happens to ME all the time. ((hugs))

Kritta22 said...

Wow! That was a little tough. Some hard questions on there but I'm glad it will help someone else

Not Your Ordinary Spud said...

I had a great doctor, and my hubby was supportive of course. . I however am finding that my family and friends aren't so supportive. They are the ones who tell me to move on. My friends especially have a hard time listening about my miscarriage. So I am so grateful for the community here. . I am glad that when my family and friends don't "get it" that I know a place where I will not be judged or disliked for sharing my feeling and emotions about my sweet angel baby.