Monday, January 5, 2009

The Shrine of the Holy Innocents

I am not Catholic, but wanted to share this opportunity I found. There is a church in New York City that will send you a certificate of life for your baby. This is what their site says:


Often children who have died before birth have no grave or headstone, and sometimes not even a name. At The Church of The Holy Innocents, we invite you to name your child(ren) and to have the opportunity to have your baby's name inscribed in our "BOOK OF LIFE".

Here, a candle is always lit in their memory. All day long people stop to pray. On the first Monday of every month, our 12:15pm Mass is celebrated in honor of these children and for the comfort of their families.


Shrine of the Holy Innocents

One of the things I really needed was to see Gabriel's name in print, on something official. This is a wonderful way to get a certificate for your baby.

I hope today is gentle for you.
peace- emily

6 comments:

Zil said...

Thank you for sharing this. I will be contacting them.

Ter said...

just wanted to let you know that the link to "shrine of the holy innocents" didn't work.

Emily said...

I fixed it! Thanks!

Sarah said...

i have done this for both my children and it felt so good to do it and it still feels good to know my angels are prayed for.
when i got the certificates, i got a very heartfelt email that i still have. someone who has no idea who i am took the time to express their heartfelt, sincere apologies...it means a lot.
i recommend others doing this. it's just one more thing you can do to validate your children(s) lives, no matter how short.

Anonymous said...

What a nice idea!

Katherine Annis said...

Thank you for sharing this; I was given a "Certificate of Life" recently but it was one I have to fill out myself and had lines for "time of death" and who was present at my child's birth. I didn't want that info included (especially as the doctor who delivered was responsible for his death) so it's nice to have this as another option. It's something I've been thinking about a lot just the past few weeks so thank you!