Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Travolta Family Statement

John Travolta's son Jett died on Friday- he was 16. I have been thinking about them since I heard. Today I saw a family statement they made and thought it was beautiful.

Jett was the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for and lit up the lives of everyone he encountered. We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time we had with him for the rest of our lives. We have received many messages of condolence from around the world and we want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. It has meant so much to us. It is a beautiful reminder of the inherent goodness in the human spirit that gives us hope for a brighter future.

The part I particularly love is:
We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time we had with him for the rest of our lives.

No matter how long you have with your child, it is not enough. 5 months of pregnancy, 5 days, 5 years, 15 years. It isn't enough.

I wish I was as eloquent less than a week after my son's death, but I'm going to guess having PR person would have helped me. That's what the hospital should do- assign a PR person to everyone to has had a child die.

((hugs)) to the Travolta family.

peace- emily

6 comments:

Ter said...

this made me so sad to hear. There appears to be alot of controversy about his death though, I'm not entirely clear why.

But I was ANGRY when I mentioned it to my brother that John Travolta's son had died and he just shrugged. How DARE you just shrug? I mean you don't have to be a fan of John Travolta's (and I'm not really a fan of his) to CARE that his CHILD has died! It doesn't matter that he's a celebrity or anything, his CHILD DIED.

Ugh, it just ticked me off so much that people are so insensitive towards bereaved parents.

Unknown said...

It is such a tragedy....
So sad....

Dara

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with them.

Unknown said...

My thoughts go out to them as wel...
So very, very sad.

Kritta22 said...

Coming over from Crash's site...just checking things out.
What a wonderful idea.
I agree with Ter, he is someone's child!! Superstar or not.
I'll share my story one day.

Emily said...

No matter how much someone likes or dislikes John Travolta, he is a grieving father at this moment. I wish only comfort and healing to him at this time.

That would have made me mad, too, Ter