Sunday, May 3, 2009

Under the Tree



How long has it been since you lost your child/ren? Has your grief changed at all? Is your life becoming any easier or is it just harder as time passes?

Sunday will be 7 years. Unreal. Life has become easier, except for a month or so around Gabriel's due date.


How do you feel when you see pregnant women when you are out and about?

Like I want to run up and tell them to enjoy every second of their pregnancy- don't take it for granted because sometimes it is over all too soon.

What's your therapy in the aftermath of losing your child/ren? Do you go to counseling? Do you do artwork or some kind of exercise or do you simply just let yourself be? What helps you?

I do not really do artwork and have never gone to counseling. I spend time at SHARE message boards and writing my blog as an online journal.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Thanks for sharing.

I really didn't lose a child. I had miscarried. Though, I still think of her. I had to work hard to become pregnant only for nature to spit in my face. It has been five years for me and her due date was 5/28.


I read the posts below and your mother's day is going to be bittersweet and I am sorry.

{{Hugs}}

Bates Family said...

It's been 7 months since we lost our son. His due date is Valentines day so that was a hard holiday to even want to enjoy even though it is one of my favorites. I still hate seeing pregnant women around because I still haven't gotten pregnant and it hurts that much worse. We've been trying but no luck so far. I'm the same as you though. I want to tell them to enjoy every second of that pregnancy because it does end way too soon! I haven't done any therapy or done artwork but I have started knitting and that helps me escape from my thoughts and feelings if only for a few minutes. Thank you for sharing and for starting this blog. It has helped me so much and helped in knowing that I'm not alone in what I feel and just having my feelings justified.

Not Your Ordinary Spud said...

How long has it been since you lost your child/ren? Has your grief changed at all? Is your life becoming any easier or is it just harder as time passes?

We lost sweet baby Eugene this past November. So it's been about 6 months. I am still grieving. For me, I find it helpful to share my story with others.


How do you feel when you see pregnant women when you are out and about?

I have a very hard time when I see pregnant women. I think to myself "I should have a belly like that now." But I am still excited for them and want to tell them to hang on to the joy of motherhood, because it can be stripped away so fast.

What's your therapy in the aftermath of losing your child/ren? Do you go to counseling? Do you do artwork or some kind of exercise or do you simply just let yourself be? What helps you?

I went to a therapist and I am still going. We are working though the grief. I also made a scrapbook that started out just like a normal "pregnancy scrapbook" I actually continue to add pages as I feel the desire too. I add letters and websites that have been supportive. .I am also thinking of getting a tattoo for Eugene..

Aaron'sMommy said...

Emily,

I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and of Gabriel this weekend. As you always say to US, I wish you peace.

Nikki