Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Word of the Year 2014: Small and Simple Things

Ok, that's not one word. The only way I can think to say SMALL AND SIMPLE THINGS in one word is "Babysteps" and that brings to mind that horrible Bill Murray movie that I hate and my husband loves- 'What About Bob.' Babysteps, babysteps..

My word last year was VALIANT. I think I bit off more than I could chew. Heaven knows I tried but for all my attempts I fell short at reaching my goals last year. In fact, I'm the kind of person who gets overwhelmed and then I have to go take a nap. Like, for a week, or a month. I spent most of November in my pajamas.

So, this year I am trying to really FOCUS (word of the year from 2011.. see what I did there??) and be ACTIVE (word of the year 2010) to be headed in the right direction.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." Les Brown

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at." Bruce Lee

"...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..." Alma 37:6

"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." Dalai Lama XIV

 "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao-tzu

"Put one foot.. in front of the other..." The Winter Warlock, Santa Claus is Coming to Town

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.." Dori, Finding Nemo

No comments: