I'm always glad for a new year and a new chance to start fresh. There is really not a big difference between Dec 31 and Jan 1 yet it feels HUGE! Like when you are kids and playing a game and then someone messes up and yells, "Do-over!" A chance to start everything anew.
I've had this list in my desk for awhile to share with you all. I think this is a good time.
I picked up a magazine Inspiration: Hawaii's Wellness Journal when I was visiting my sister last summer. One article in particular from the July/Aug 2009 issue jumped out at me.
It is called Stress to Success- in Just 31 days and is written by Dr. John F. Demartini. I don't know that much about him or his website but I DO know about lists. I love lists. I love crossing things off lists. It makes me feel so productive. Sometimes I make lists and include things I've already done just so I can cross them off.
On a daily basis:
1. write and read your goals
2. Clear away your goals obstacles
3. Prioritize your activities
4. Act on top priorities
5. Visualize your success
6. Write and read your affirmations
7. Practice deep breathing and stretching
8. Do selective and collective reading
9. Groom for success
10. Dress for success
11. Love what you do and do what you love
12. Surround yourself with 'succeeders'
13. Drink lots of water
14. Eat light, moderate meals
15. Reduce the 4 'addictors' (I don't know what these are and he doesn't elaborate in the list. I'm going to consider it any addictors. Like diet coke, ha.)
16. Contract and then relax all muscles
17. Help others fulfill their goals
18. Save 5-10 percent of your earnings
19. Write 3 thank you letters
20. Reward yourself for your accomplisments
21. Express feelings of love
22. Hug someone special
23. Clean and organize your environment
24. Eliminate low priority 'unnecessities'
25. Study the subject you'd love to master
26. Spend time in total meditative silence
27. Massage your body or scalp
28. Take a hot bath before retiring
29. Count your blessings with gratitude
30. Get a good night's rest
31. Follow a stress-to-success checklist
I'm going to add one (ok, two) which are pray and read scriptures.
Better go get out of my pjs if I'll be 'dressing for success' today. It is nearly noon.