Sunday, June 7, 2009

Waiting for you..

WARNING, SLIGHTLY RELIGIOUS, but whatcha gonna do?

Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop somewhere waiting for you.
-Walt Whitman


I do feel like our babies are waiting for us. And that we will see them again someday.

I try to remember that eternity is a darn long time. And our time on this earth just a quick second of it. I try to picture my son playing with his friends. He tells them, "Hold on a sec", pops in for a real quick "Hi, Mom!" and then he is back again to his friends, back to his game he was playing.

Someday I'll catch up to him. For now I'm glad for the quick minute I had with him, and just waiting until I can hug and squeeze him as much as I've wanted to for so long.

peace-
emily

7 comments:

Ter said...

*tears*

Holly said...

I have no doubt Carleigh is in Heaven with Jesus and I'll see her again! To her the time will seem only like a second passing.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I like to imagine that my babies are having fun and playing with all the other angel babies.

caitsmom said...

It's a loving scene. Thanks for posting. Peace.

Not Your Ordinary Spud said...

I just had a close friend of mine pass away this week. I am sad that she is gone...she was a great woman. She and I had long chats about miscarriages and our babies. She had 6 miscarriages..she eventually gave up on the baby making process and adopted a beautiful baby girl..She was an inspiration to me and her strength helped me as I went though my first miscarriage this past year.

During her funeral I was full of joy because I new at the moment she was in heaven meeting her 6 babies...and I was so happy for her :) I tear up thinking about her special reunion...

melloss said...

I have found your blog at a time when I need it.This post is Beautiful and so is your whole blog.Times of stress bring me back to where I was the days after losing my daughter and I am very stressed as of right now and then I trip upon your blog and it really helps thank you!!

melloss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.