Friday, January 4, 2013

Wishing you a peaceful 2013: January Newsletter

"If you are going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." Albert Einstein I feel like I've been in a funk. My life is changing, evolving. So many good things happened last year for me- and yet, I've been bogged down these last few months. I had every intention of sending you a message to help you through the holidays. Instead, it was me who needed to shut down. I'm sorry I left you to your own devices. I hope the holidays were peaceful and gentle for you. With the flip of the calendar I feel re-energized. I love the new year- it feels like a clean slate, a chance to start over. A do- over. One of my resolutions is to clear my mind, my body, and my life of clutter. To get rid of things that are weighing me down. No more pinterest and comparing myself to all those moms out there who are making their kids healthy lunches that are shaped like cartoon characters. Switching over to digital scrapbooking to clean out my basement of all the paper and ribbon that taunt me. No more closet full of clothes I don't wear and don't even like that much.No junk food. No soda and sugar. Clean. Healthy, Strong, Focused. I've tried to figure out where my website fits into all of this. Every time someone orders my bracelets and scrapbooking quotes it means that another one of our children is gone. It's horrible. But... I feel grateful to be able to help even one person navigate their loss a little more smoothly. Could I be doing more? I need to post on my blog more- it is at the top of my to-do list every single week: STEPPING STONES. And yet... what to say? What do I have that anyone wants to hear? I'm working on refocusing and, well, reorganizing my brain, to be honest. What I have to share is this: a glimpse into the life of someone who may be a little further down the road. I'm not perfect. I have down days (or weeks). But overall, I'm moving forward to be better and stronger than I was the day before. I've decided to re-vamp my site a little bit. I am still "Stepping Stones, a path to healing after the loss of a child" but I'd like to add "a path TO HEALTH and healing after the loss of a child" Give me a week or two to gather my thoughts and focus my ideas and I will send another newsletter. For now, let me just say I want to wish you a very gentle day. emily

No comments: